SIMPLE TO INSTALL, FOR FLEET-WIDE UNIFORMITY
Officers rely on their patrol and emergency response vehicles to do their job. They have to be ready. They have to perform. They have to protect.
That’s why CenCom Carbide is fully integrated with the vehicle from the ground up. Thanks to our close working relationships with police vehicle manufacturers, we know every model inside out, year after year – from design stage to field deployment.
This deep understanding allows us to engineer and deliver products that are easy and efficient to install – a perfect fit every time, with reliability built in.
Because Carbide evolved from CenCom SapphireTM, one of the most widely used emergency warning systems ever, there are many years and miles of learning behind it. And that learning can save time and money. Same footprint, similar installation, greater scalability.
Carbide is also a big step forward in programmability, with 12 configurable inputs – 3X more than previous systems. This gives Carbide a high level of situation-based integration to respond instantly and intuitively to any emergency situation or task.
Carbide can tap any vehicle-generated +/- voltage signal, including:
- Signal Lamps
- Horn Ring
- Trunk Latch
- Reverse Lights
- Park Kill
- Door Status
Carbide can also integrate common peripherals such as:
- Video Cameras
- K9 Monitoring Systems
- Anti-theft Devices
- Carbide can control any type of Traffic Advisor™, including older 8-lamp ground switched units, 2-wire versions, or the newer WeCan® version – the Inner Edge® RTX.
- Carbide offers progressive load management, helping to reduce demands on the vehicle system.
- All Amplifier Control Module (ACM) connections are located on the same panel and use pre-wired pigtails with positive-locking connectors.
- High quality connectors – no screw terminals, only crimp style.
- Top-mounted fuses and diagnostic indicator (LEDs) mean simple, fast troubleshooting.
- Simple programming via Windows-based software. Multiple Carbide units can be programmed with the same configuration file – making cloning simple, vehicle after vehicle.
- Our newly designed software allows for easy program configuration via USB 2.0.
- Supports up to two of the following: front WeCan Inner Edge®, new rear WeCan Inner Edge, or optional remote 16-output modules.
- “Quiet design” means Carbide is not susceptible to electromagnetic interference. It won’t affect radios or other on-board electronics.
- LED indicator lights allow for simple troubleshooting of outputs and WeCan network.
- Heavy-duty power and output connectors.
- The largest support organization in the industry.
- Five Year Warranty.
Getting started is easy with our full library of video tutorials.
Downloading & Installing Carbide
Choosing My Hardware