SAFETY STARTS WITH RELIABILITY
Safety and distraction are NOT compatible. CenCom Carbide has been engineered to automate system responses – so officers can concentrate on whatever they’re facing. Carbide’s intuitive operations and hands-free features allow for situational awareness that can mean the difference between protection and harm.
Carbide is based on systems that have been proven on the job – with thousands of officers behind the wheel. And in the field, dependability is everything.
The newly designed Carbide control head is practical and ergonomically designed. Warning lights, siren, and Traffic Advisor™ functions can be controlled from a single keypad. The slide switch and buttons are grouped by function for simple touch control – keeping the officer’s eyes on the road.
Carbide technology has been tested and proven in every environment – from our own state-of-the art testing facilities in Connecticut to highways and urban streets across the country. Whether it’s a routine patrol or a demanding tactical situation, we make sure that officer safety is built in.
Making night stops safer – Watch Carbide’s Intelligent Low Power feature in action
- Lights and control head respond to inputs such as open door, vehicle shifting, and brakes.
- Lightbar corner turns off when door opens to keep the officer’s vision clear and prevent back-lighting in threatening situations.
- Auto-dim LED lamp intensity at night – to provide clear warning while still allowing passing motorists to see the roadway and anybody standing in it.
- Lighting patterns, flash rates, colors, and siren tones respond to different emergency situations.
- Flood lighting automatically turns on when takedown lights are activated to give the officer maximum visibility.
- Warning patterns change with siren tones.
- Pressing horn pad activates air horn and produces a burst of white light from front-facing lights.
- Rear of vehicle is lit up when brakes are applied.
- Alarm feature creates a disorienting visual and audio display to keep the officer safe and in control.
- Integrated auto-off timer maintains critical warning functions even when the key is out of the ignition.